Thursday 17 January 2013

Paul & Joe Lipstick

Aww, Paul & Joe make-up. My new found love!
Yesterday, my friend and I visited Winchester. I'd never been before even though I've lived 20mins away for the last year and half! We went down the charming high street first of all, checking out some shops as we went. Obviously I had to go to Jack Wills to see how their shop compares to our little one in Southwold (the Winchester one is huuuge!). We then went to the Cath Kidson store in which I could have bought SO many things! When I have my own house it will be a live in Cath Kidson shop!
We also checked out the Cathedral which was really beautiful. It's where Jane Austen was buried so it was nice to visit the resting place of one of my writing heroes.

On our way back to get something to eat, we stumbled across an amazing shop called The Hambledon. They have cute vintage inspired homewares, clothing, beauty products, books and gifts. Here I found a gorgeous beauty brand called Paul & Joe. Their packaging is so sweet! I love the carousel horse on the boxes. I'm always looking for nude lipsticks to subtly enhance my natural lip colour and when I found this one (no. 078) it was a perfect rose colour with a hint of coral, and so soft on the lips!

The lipstick refill was £12.50 and the case was £6. There were three cases to choose from, I went for the green cat pattern but I also loved the red elephant one (their trunks were holding hands!). Paul & Joe products are expensive but the detailing on the them is stunning - my lipstick has a carousel horse carved into the colour. You can buy them on ASOS and students can use their NUS discount.



http://www.thehambledon.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

where was The Hambledon?? i live in winchester, its small but very pretty:)

http://todaykaylaiswearing.blogspot.com

Granny Gee said...

heya! it's near the slug and lettuce, just a short walk up the same road :) xxx

Unknown said...

OHHH! i shall go have a look!
x