Tuesday 15 January 2013

Feeling a bit Flat


Anyone who knows me will tell you that I pretty much live in flat shoes. It has to be a special occasion for me to switch to some killer heels. However, while flicking through this months InStyle magazine, I came across an article about the brilliance of flat shoes. Of course, I agree! But look at the monstrous images they put with it! These are NOT the sort of shoes I would recommend for the spring season. 

Those Chloe pumps look like your feet have been strapped up and the Miu Miu Sandals have collected some sweet wrappers off the pavements! I like a Brogue, yes, but that one by Rocha has a mini heel that's a step too far. And those sandals with fluff for padding, just no! The Phillip Lim sheer pop socks are a very on trend look for next season, but I just can't get the image of old ladies ankles poking out from under their trousers…oh dear. 
If you're searching for some comfy, but gorgeous, flat shoes for those frosty Spring mornings, here's a few from the high street. 
£32 Topshop. My favourites! The gold will brighten up any grey morning!
£55 Urban Outfitters. These will take you from work to the pub.
£58 Office. Perfect for a smart casual look. To wear with cigarette pants - THE trousers for this season. 
£24.99 New Look. For the fashionistas who are keeping up with the brothel creeper trend - heres a denim blue pair (lets hope the sky turns the same colour!).




No comments: