Sunday 14 October 2012

The Main Attraction

Last night I went to a local restaurant, called Mains, to celebrate my granddad's birthday. The food was lovely, beautifully cooked. I had pork belly to start which was amazing! The crackling was the tastiest I've ever eaten. I then had chicken casserole for my main course, it was very well marinated and full of flavour, but only came as chicken. Would have loved a bit of mash or summat. But what I really liked a bout this little hideaway in the Suffolk village of Yoxford, was their artwork on the walls. There were some beautiful fantasy drawings of little red hiding hood wondering through the forest and an illustration of the princess and the pea. There was even a picture of a Marie Antoinette character holding a hen. They made me think a little of Tim Walker's photographs (below).

No comments: