Oreo Cake RecipeIngredients:
175g self raising flour
175g caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 tablespoons of milk
3 drops of Vanilla extract
3/4 of a packet of Oreo biscuits (I used the ones with chocolate cream but all versions are fine)
Oreo Buttercream Icing
175g icing sugar
1/4 of a packet of Oreos (crushed)
1. Preheat the oven to 180c and grease two cake tins.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, butter and eggs together. Blend until forming a smooth mixture.
3. Add the drops of vanilla extract and baking powder.
4. If the mixture is not to the right texture add in the milk to smooth it (It should look like the picture below).
5. Next, split the mixture into two. Take half of the mixture and add a small portion to one of the cake tins, so that it evenly covers the bottom.
6. Press into the mixture Oreo cookies in a circle around the base of the tin.
7. Then, cover the top of the Oreos with the rest of that half.
8. Put the other half into the other cake tin.
9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the sponge is golden on top.
10. Melt the butter for the buttercream icing and stir in the icing sugar (If it doesn't become the consistency that you want, try adding a little hot water).
11. Crush the Oreo cookies into small pieces (I hit them with a spoon, but you can put them in blender if you have one).
12. Mix the crushed Oreos into the buttercream and smear the icing on the top of both sponges.
13. Finally, place one cake on top of the other. Decorate with an Oreo on the top.