Monday 11 March 2013

Tips to become forties fabulous…continued

If you read my blog regularly you'll probably know that I am rubbish with doing hairstyles, especially on other people! This is why I love youtube tutorials. For my 1940's photo-shoot, I decided to do a really simple 40's hairstyle. 


First, my models hair was curled all over. Then I took each section and rolled it back and up and pinned it. For some shots I left a side ponytail to hang down, and for some I pinned the hair under itself to create a fake shorter 'do. 


You will need:

-curling tongs or heated rollers
-lots of bobby pins
-hair spray
-comb

This quick youtube tutorial is great for showing you exactly what I mean. I just continued to do what this lady does, but all around the face so that the curls frame it.

Or for a more detailed youtube tutorial, try this one



1 comment:

Granny Gee said...

It's so sweet! looks great with some vintage clips!
x