Monday 2 April 2012

Tuddenham Mill Hotel





Last weekend me and the boyfriend celebrated our one year anniversary at Tuddenham Mill. It's a beautiful hotel in the depths of Suffolk, close to Bury St Edmunds.


The old mill has been renovated into a 14 room luxury hotel. We stayed in one of the Mill tream Rooms which had a terrace overlooking the little brook, with our own table and chairs outside to sit and admire it. The bed was huge, there was a snuggly rug on the floor, the biggest bath you've ever seen and a walk in shower. There was even some complimentary sloe gin to enjoy.


We had a lovely three course dinner, I had salmon and shimps in a potato juice to start. The shrimp and salmon had an amazing flavour but there was no need for the potato juice, very strange! For the main course I had beef and oxtail on a burnt onion mash. It was absolutely gorgeous, I can see why so many food critics have been raving over chef Pauls Foster's food! I had a cheese board for dessert which was delicious.


The whole hotel is stunning, especially with the sun beaming down on it like it was last weekend. Tuddenham Mill is certainly one to recommend, and make sure you have a drink in the bar. There is glass surrounding the once working mill which changes colour as you drink, just entrancing!





I should be putting up some of my own photos shortly.


No comments: